Well, New Year’s is fast approaching and I honestly didn’t realize it until today. I’m terrible with dates and times and whatnot, so it’s to be expected, but still. Since i’ve been terrible at updating this thing, i’m making this post to make my blog a bit more active and maybe sort out a few thoughts. I still haven’t really figured what my New Year’s Resolutions are, so i’m going to do that right now. You know, if my brain ever starts working.
1. Get better at the ukulele and finally do a two-hour set at the coffee shop. I really want to get good at the ukulele, so I need to start practicing more. Everyday, if I can. Also, there is a coffee shop downtown that I like to perform at on Open Mic Night, but i’ve never done a two-hour set because I chicken out, even though they have asked me a few times. But I will do it this year! Really.
2. Save at least $10 a month. I’m really truly terrible at saving money. Even though I need money for a trip to Europe and college. But darn me, I can’t help it when I see a freakin pair of shoes. But this year, I will save ten dollars a month, and I am NOT allowed to spend any of it. It is for COLLEGE. Get that through your head, Savannah.
3. Get all A’s. I know that is the clichéd resolution, but I will be getting all A’s so I can get into Tech. I have to start thinking about my future unfortunately.
4. Drink only clear liquid. I know this one is completely ridiculous. But it limits me to water and sprite. Which means I will be healthier and my teeth shant get stained with coffee and coke and whatnot. I may allow myself one colored drink a month though. Because Starbucks is cruel.
5. Try writing again. I’ve pretty much given up on writing. But I want to so badly. So i’m going to try again, and maybe i’ll like my work. I’m reading this book “Letters to a Young Poet” by Rainer Maria Rilke. It’s really good, and I think it’ll help me write. Combining that with the movie “Midnight in Paris”, and I am completely ready to start writing again. I highly suggest you read/watch both of those. Both very good.
I can’t really think of anything else honestly…. clean and whatnot. Uhh…. Yeah, that’s about it. I love fresh starts, but I don’t know. I’m not so sure about 2012. I have a weird feeling about it. Not like an “I’m gonna die.” feeling. More like i’m not gonna have a good year. But we’ll see. This year will bring the start of my Senior year and my 18th birthday, so it’s gotta be good. I’m just a pessimist.
6. Stop being a pessimist.